Spring is definitely in the air around CB JENI Homes! Have you transitioned the interior and exterior of your house for the new season? If not, we have a few helpful tips to jumpstart the process. From lawn and garden tool maintenance to replanting your flowerbeds, there is plenty to be done.
Try these CB JENI Homes decorating do’s when getting your yard spring ready:
1. Don’t forget about your tools – After a long winter, your usual yard tools may need a tune-up. Change the oil and spark plugs on your lawn mower and make sure all lawn and garden tools are properly greased to fight against rust. The Weekend Gardener suggests using common household products to maintain your garden shears. This ensures that your tools are more efficient and ready to use when you need them.
2. Your yard needs love, too - If you want to plant spring flowers, you first need to make sure the flower beds are prepped and ready. Mahoney’s Garden suggests cleaning out any old mulch that is in the flower bed or around tree trunks. Leaving old mulch in these areas will cause flowers to suffocate and trees to rot.
3. Do a quick survey of your yard – Whether your yard is big or small, it’s hard to tell just how much winter damage there is until you take a look. Surveying your yard is also a great way to stay organized and to find out just what it is you need to bring your yard back to life. Make a list of problem areas and jot down what supplies you will need. For instance, if you have patches of wilting grass, make sure you have enough fertilizer to cover the entire area.
4. Decide what to plant – Now that you have your yard ready, it’s time to decide what to put in it. Central Texas Gardening says this is the right time to begin planting warm season flowers and vegetables. Tomatoes and peppers are perfect additions to your spring garden if you’re looking to add color and texture to your yard, and later to your food, too!
5. Bring the outside in with flower arrangements – One way to improve the flow between your yard and house is to make the inside spring ready with elements from outside, like colorful flower arrangements. HGTV has great ideas whether you want a statement piece to make your living room pop, or a laid back arrangement in your bathroom.
Once you’ve transitioned your home for spring, share pictures with us on Facebook! We’d love to see how you integrated our CB JENI Homes decorating do’s into the interior and exterior of your house.