In Arlington, Texas, finding things to do for the holidays is like a dinner smorgasbord with tons of options! The only challenge is choosing which events to attend to make lasting memories with your loved ones. Living in a CB JENI community, like Viridian or Viridian Island, puts you in the heart of all of the action. We’ve compiled a list of the area’s top holiday events for 2021.
Six Flags Holiday in the Park
There’s something about an amusement park lit up with twinkle lights and holiday cheer. Meet Santa as he lights the tree, taste some holiday goodies, and catch amazing shows, including the all-new Holly Jolly Holiday Parade. This may be a tradition you add into your schedule every year! Holiday in the Park is running from Nov. 19 through Jan. 2.
Arlington Holiday Lights Parade
On Dec. 11, head to downtown Arlington for the Holiday Lights Parade. Entertainment begins at 2 p.m. in the Founders Plaza with music, food, and vendors. The parade starts at 6 p.m., followed by the lighting of the tree and pictures with Santa. Set up along the parade route for a day full of festivities for this can’t-miss annual event!
The Elf on the Shelf’s Magical Holiday Journey
Ever wonder what it’s like to be like a mischievous Elf on the Shelf? Now you and your crew can “shrink” down to elf size and help Santa and the elves get back on course after his compass goes haywire. This is the inaugural year for the event to come to the Dallas-Fort Worth area, taking place at Arlington’s Choctaw Stadium from Nov. 18, 2021, through Jan. 2, 2022. Get your tickets soon.
Local Library Events
- Holiday Hotcakes – Dress up in your Christmas best (or fun holiday sweater) for pancakes and sausage. Take photos by the Christmas tree and meet some Arlington neighbors. The event is Dec. 1 at 10:30 a.m. at the East Library and Recreation Center.
- Cookies with the Clauses – On Dec. 18 at 10 a.m., come decorate cookies, play games, and meet Mr. and Mrs. Claus! Register online for this event hosted at the East Library and Recreation Center.
- Holiday Programs – From 3D printer workshops (like snow globes!), family craft time, and the Bad Santa Murder Mystery, you’re sure to find a program for kids of all ages. Check out the Arlington Public Library’s November and December calendars.
Parks and Outdoors
Take advantage of Arlington’s amazing parks system and their special events!
- The Kringle Village Holiday Hoedow at Knapp Heritage Park – The first three Friday nights in December, step into pioneer days among our historic cabins and holiday cheer with Frosty’s Dance Party, the Christmas story with Mrs. Claus, seasonal treats, and more.
- Dinosaur Safari Traveling Exhibit – Dinosaur-loving kids (and adults) will jump at the chance to view this traveling exhibit, open from Nov. 13 through Feb. 12, 2022, at Arlington’s River Legacy Nature Center. Ticket holders can walk among animatronic dinosaurs, dig into fossils, and take a ride in a safari jeep.
- Pop-Up Date Night – It’s difficult to find quality time with your mate during the busy holiday season. Instead of heading to the same standbys, Arlington parks and recreation provides a creative date night solution with a self-guided digital date night. Pick a date, any day, any time, and you’ll receive guided activities around the Five Love Languages to get to know your mate.
- Annual Fun Runs – If you love a refreshing run before your big meal, check out the 11th Annual Arlington Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Day. Or take the whole family for a run (a mile up to 10K) on the Candy Cane Course on Dec. 18 in River Legacy Park.
Pick your top choices from these highlights of Arlington holiday events and go all in! Don’t forget to explore all this DFW area has to offer, including concerts at Arlington Music Hall, museums, golf courses, shopping, and more as you create family members close to home.
Holiday Fun at Home
Making your new home in a Viridian community offers you one the most scenic neighborhoods in the DFW area with 1,200 acres of nature trails and tennis, volleyball, and basketball courts. You’ll never run out of things to do. Explore the nearby Arlington hotspots, then come home to a townhome that’s all yours and decorated for the holidays. To explore new homes in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, discover the CB JENI communities for a place to call home.